Monday, January 27, 2014

Lost Wedding Ring :(

I had an experience that I have been wanting to blog about for the last 5 or so days, and am now finally finding a second to do so! Last Wednesday morning, I was at the gym doing squats when I realized that I still had my ring on and that my fingers were getting swollen. I remember thinking to myself that I needed to take it off. I finished up what I was doing and remembered that Klingler was downstairs working out too. I went down to talk to her and when I looked down at my ring, it was gone. Seriously! My wedding ring was gone! :(  I text wade that morning and just told him I wasn't having a good morning and to pray for me!

I've heard of people losing their rings before. And I always thought, "ayyy. that really sucks.." But it is worse than most feelings I've experienced before! I started searching everywhere! I looked for an hour, and realized that if I didn't leave soon, I was going to be late for work! So I left.

And I cried. And it gave me a headache. Then I decided to say a prayer on my way to work..and I decided to fast. (Probably not the best idea after just working out..just saying.) So I didn't eat or drink anything all day, and was probably not the nicest/happiest teacher in all the land, but seriously, I was SO sad. I called the gym on my lunch break and they said they hadn't found anything yet... *insert sad face here.. Wade came into the school to grab my keys to switch cars) He could tell something was wrong and asked and I just started crying and told him I would be fine and I would tell him about it later. He assumed it had to do with school or something or other.

My ring is not only sentimental because it was a gift from my husband, but it was also a gift from my mom! Her diamond is the center diamond from her own wedding ring! Besides that, Wade designed it & paid in full after working all summer. It just means a lot to me, and I LOST IT!

After work/school got out, I decided that before I picked up the baby that I needed to go look again. I asked the front desk if they found it. Still the answer was no. So I searched every. where. Everywhere I didn't even go. And then I found it! Underneath a bike machine that I didn't even ride! And I had to use my flashlight and get onto my hands and knees to find it!

I love that Heavenly Father is always looking out for each of us! Even though this was such a small thing in his eyes, he knew it was a big deal to me!


5 comments:

Kaela Frame said...

amazing! so happy for you! such a miracle that you found it, especially because normally they just stick the vacuum under those machines and it probably wouldn't have ever been found. I can't imagine many things worse than losing your wedding ring, glad you found it!

Rorie said...

So wonderful that you found it! God is so good!

from head 2 toe said...

Happy news! I am so glad you found it! I would be a wreck if I lost mine....most likely because I know I wouldn't be able to get another for a VERY long time!

MissAudreySue said...

Ahhhh! So happy you found it!! When I saw the title to this post I did a little gasp in my head and was so sad for you because I know that feeling and it is NOT A GOOD ONE!!!

Ashlee said...

I lost my wedding ring before :( Worst feeling in the world. I cried for like, two days after searching my whole house and even the church. Then my husband found it in the grass in the backyard. We figure I dropped it in the kitchen and the dog picked it up and took it out there.